Pinterest

Another one of my favorite tools is Pinterest. I use Diigo for bookmarking too, but Pinterest is much more fun! This widget shows my most recent pins, and I have quite a few Pinterest boards. [next]





Additional comments:

I've had some good luck in using Pinterest with students, especially because some students are already avid Pinterest users. The 2014-15 school year was my first time to experiment with Pinterest projects by students, and I want to build on that next year, based on what I learned last year, so that I can provide some more structure to the project. Using Pinterest for educational search and discovery can be really powerful, but that's usually not how my students have been using Pinterest for their own purposes. To get a sense of some of the nifty discovery features at Pinterest, here is the information I share with my students: Pinterest for Discovery.

One of the nice things about Pinterest, like Twitter, is the variety of live widgets you can create. See the Pinterest Widgets page for more information about how to do that.

No comments: